We were treated to some exquisite cocktails created by David and the team at 'On the Rocks' along with some excellent food as usual by Chef Prakash.
On entering 'On the Rocks' we were treated to some Appertivo called 'Jamie in Brooklyn' (Which was a spicy homemade Vermouth with a touch of bitter orange, orange flower water, Ladhaki Apricot Kernel syrup and Jameson Whisky). This drink really set the tone for the rest of the evening,
Note : “Aperitivo” comes from the Latin word meaning “to open” and in Italian, little something to encourage you to feel hungry, to get the juices flowing for the upcoming meal which ought to be enjoyed to the fullest .
The soup was followed by another Cocktail fashioned by David, 'The Mango and Capsicum Toddy' This cocktail consisted of Red Capsicum, lemon juice, mango pulp, with a touch of Vanilla and Jameson Whisky.
- Soft Polenta with wild mushrooms and Creamy Chocolate Sauce
- Pickled Kholrabi, Crab and Chocolate Jelly with Chilli Olive Oil
- Grilled Asparagus, Peas, Blue Cheese with White Chocolate Hollandaise
- Melange of Root vegetables with Goat cheese cream, Honey Comb And Balsamic Chocolate Vinaigrette
Note: Kholrabi is also called the German Turnip, known locally as Noolkol in Tamil
Followed by a Sage and Berry Fizz, which consisted of Sage , berry marmalade, mint, lemon juice and nutmeg garnished with black pepper.
- Single Origin Dark Chocolate Ravioli with Mint and Green Pea Puree with Sage Beurre Noisette
- Roasted Salmon with Creamed Spinach and Corn with Saffron Potato And Dill White Chocolate Butter Mussolini Sauce
- Chocolate and Creole Spiced Chicken breast with Char-grilled Artichoke, Confit tomatoes and Bitter Chocolate Pepper Sauce
- Belgium Cocoa Rubbed Lamb Chops with Cauliflower puree, Parmesan Potato with Chocolate and Whiskey Soaked Raisin Sauce
The Lamb Chops and the Ravioli were my favourites :)
Both of them were exquisite and had us requesting another helping
Just watching the cocktail being prepare was a sight to behold.
This is definitely in the 'Do not Miss' category of Culinary and Spirit events, if you are based in Chennai. This fusion between some excellent culinary artists is a feast to all your senses.
The dinner is available at 'On the Rocks' at 'Crowne Plaza Chennai' from 19th June- 26th June7.00 pm onward. (Prior Reservation recommended)
David Belo is the founder of Earth Loaf , an artisan Chocolate manufacturer based out of Mysore. Do visit their Site here,